Thursday, December 23, 2010

NY

Seattle comes in number seven in Forbes' list of top ten cities for young professionals. This rainy city has so much to offer. Seattle is the home and headquarters of top corporate companies like Nordstrom, Costco, Microsoft, Starbucks, REI, and many more. Although it may rain cats and dogs 99.9999% of the year, Seattle is well known for the great outdoors. The mountains for skiing, the San Juan Islands for boating, Lake Washington for water recreation and amazing views for days. I know I am incredibly lucky to live here, but.......I have always wanted to go East Coast!!


I swear more than half of my college applications were on the EC, but out-of-state tuition was outrageously high and I fell in love with UW. So the plan is to go EC for grad school. It's Boston or New York! I've only been to the EC twice, but I crave the fast pace lifestyle, networking, and opportunities it provides. One of my best friends is transferring to FIT in NY, which means I will definitely be visiting and running around the Big Apple. Sometimes a city as big and chaotic as NY can be quite overwhelming, but having a close circle of friends and a plan or purpose is key to adapting. I think it's important to experience both coasts and the cultural differences at some point in life. I want to do it while I am young and while I still can.


I am sure this post seems very sporadic and out of left field, but I have been watching endless marathons of Keeping up with the Kardashians (yes, don't judge) and heard about the new and upcoming spin-off, Kim and Kourtney Take New York. I was also talking to my cousin on the phone and they are headed to NY the day after Christmas for a week! So jealous. Nevertheless, it reminded me of how much I miss New York! Especially in the winter. 


However, the accent is one thing that I refuse to ever like.

No comments:

Post a Comment